The strength of COMPASS derives from its members. The greater the extent to which COMPASS represents the marine transportation industry the more effective it will be in advocating on behalf of the industry and attracting funding for initiatives in support of it. At the same time, membership in COMPASS provides significant direct benefits to member companies and organizations. These include:
– being part of a Canadian association that is actively contributing to the promotion of marine transportation careers;
– having a voice in an organization that is developing promotional tools for the marine transportation industry;
– participation in an organization that is well-positioned to advocate on behalf of the marine transportation industry and lobby governments for changes to legislative, policy, and funding arrangements;
– having a company or organization website link on the COMPASS website; and
– having access to other COMPASS promotional resources to supplement and/or complement the member’s own promotional resources.